Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Tuesday, February 6, 2018

orchid study

Orchid Study
6x8in oil on canvas panel NFS

Artist Note
Repost...
this one goes back years.

The first time I painted an orchid
I knew I would have
to get really familiar with its structure. 
Their center is very intricate and precise...
not easy for someone like me
who paints very loosly.

I don't think I ever posted this study 
when I finished it because I
wanted to keep it for future reference.


We have a moving date!
Let Heaven and Angels Sing!


House appraised full VA loan 
and a lovely family will be moving into
what has been our very happy home.

 Moving in two weeks.
Downsizing from 2500sq ft
to 850sq ft!!!
hahahahahahaha

  Think of me, please, and
remember us in your prayers or
just send good vibes 
for a smooth move. 

This will be my last post 
until after
it is all over with.
Well, maybe one for Valentines Day!

I will keep posting my 
old images on Instagram
juliefordoliverart
just to keep my name out there.

Happy painting days
😍 good friends. 



15 comments:

  1. All the best with the move ... we wanted to downsize and ended up in a larger house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, how wonderful! Sending good vibes for a smooth move. I mostly love the 960 sq. ft. I live in. It can take some creative storage ideas, but I was fortunate that this place is chock full of built in cabinets and nooks and crannies. Still sometimes I come up a bit short on storage space and have taken over the attic in the garage. Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SO excited for you Julie!!!! I will be praying for a very smooth move .. Don't forget to share photos!!! This orchid is amazing...my orchid is doing so beautifully.. However, I wish I had an idea how to paint one....lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallelujah!! If anyone can make it go smoothly, it's you.

    Karen Rodgers

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! Now THAT's a downsizing! goodness! Best wishes on the whole thing, (after 14+ moves with the Navy I quit counting, ha!!). In a smaller place with less stuff to take care of, you'll have more time to travel....and make art!!! :-) A total win!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray! Good luck and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We downsized from almost 3000sf, and now have a house where a family member occupies an in-law suite, so hubby and I have 900sf for ourselves.
    It has been quite an adjustment (no basement, no attic, no garage), yet liberating. It's especially nice when it is time to clean the house!
    A smooth move is coming your way! Don't worry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoo, hoo, that IS a downsize!! Congrats on the sale, and very best wishes for a smooth move. Remember, lift with your knees -- or better still, with someone else's, hee,hee.

    The orchid painting is exquisite, by the way. They are wickedly difficult to paint, but so compelling to look at. Cheers, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay for having a moving date :D not yay for the actual moving part, hopefully it is as stress free as possible

    ReplyDelete
  10. Downsizing will be great! Best to you and take care as you move!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the sale. Wow! That’s a lot of downsizing. Hopefully we’ll be doing that in a year or so. I love orchids.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not easy to downsize ( the contrary is a piece of cake ) , I did the same 2 years ago and am still struggling with TOO much stuff . But I am loving it ! Wishing you all the best and happiness in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Who knew brown and purple could result in such a lush image!

    Moving is only fun when you're young and don't have much to move. You'll get through it though, and feel enormous relief when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That will be quite a change in area. Wishing you lots of luck with the move...may everything go smoothly!!! Good vibes coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dearest Julie - so glad to read your blessed news. I have been praying for you and will continue to do so. Your orchid study is a treat to see. You have such a special way of capturing those lovely petals friend.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie